Friday, February 24, 2012

Let me count the ways...

How have I turned into my mother? Let me count the ways...

1. I have shamelessly rolled down my window to yell at children for playing in the street.

2. I fall asleep on the couch often.

3. I say the phrase, "I'm not sleeping. I'm just resting my eyes."

4. I dance around the living room with my kids just to make them happy.

5. I say "Because I'm the mom and I said so."

6. I sometimes sit in the living room without the tv on, in the quiet, for no reason and I enjoy it.

7. I don't mind going anywhere alone anymore.

8. Even sitting in traffic alone is calming to me because I can think.

9. I have an overwhelming urge to correct teenagers when they speak inappropriately in public.

10. I can't stand loud music in retail stores and will avoid those stores like the plague.

11. I'm constantly saying, "Turn it down!" to my husband and son when they watch tv.

12. I give my son big hugs and kisses in front of his friends even though he totally doesn't want me to.

13. Sometimes, when I say things, my husband goes, "Okay Detta." That's my mom's name. LOL

Yes, the older I get, the more like my mom I become. Some people would be mortified. I, however, am honored. Because she is awesome. And I love her.

1 comment:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.