Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Little Rangers

My son joined a team called the Rangers last summer for a tournament. He plays short stop and he does a great job in that position. He stayed with the team for the fall season and we plan to stick with the team for as long as they'll have us because they ROCK!!! Seth is so happy with these kids and I love them all and the coach and assistant coaches are absolutely awesome!

This past weekend, we went to a tournament and despite some difficulties in the other recent tournaments, we managed to get 2nd place at this one and qualified for a World Series tournament next summer. The boys have been working SO hard on their defense and it really shows. They played absolutely amazing this weekend and I  have never been much of a yeller or a screamer, but I will admit I scream my heart out at these games. I jump up and down and I clap until my hands hurt and I get nervous when it's close. I absolutely love watching my son and his team play and I get so excited for every boy. They are amazing kids.

I have heard a lot of people say that baseball is boring recently. Our Texas Rangers are in the World Series so more people are paying attention. I love baseball. I never got into football, but baseball is the best. I don't see how anyone can find it boring. But I especially think that it is impossible for it to be boring at the level my son is playing. It is pretty action packed when the teams are good. I love it. I am passionate about it and I am beyond proud of my son's natural talent and his perseverance to get better. He practices ALL the time. He lives for baseball.

Here is a video one of the dads made of the last two games we played in the tournament. It's pretty awesome. Seth was wearing #8.




No comments: