Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chicken Fajitas Please

So, if you know me, you know I love me some mexican food. Yummy!

The other day, I left home without making my lunch and had to venture out for lunch during the work day. I decided some fajitas would be great, so I pulled into the Taco Cabana drive thru. They have a personal chicken fajitas skillet that I enjoy.

After the standard "Welcome to Taco Cabana" greeting I was left in silence. Finally the girl mumbled almost inaudibly, "Order when you're ready."

This is the conversation that followed:

Me: I would like the personal sized chicken fajitas with no beans, please.

Silence, lasting like a whole 30 long seconds and then...

Her: Chicken Fajitas...what?

Me: Um. Chicken Fajitas. With no beans. Exactly what I said.

Her: But chicken fajitas what? Chicken Fajita tacos? Chicken Fajita Quesadilla?

At this point, I realize I'm dealing with a real winner so I decided to stick to my guns.

Me: Um, no. Chicken Fajitas. Period. Like I said. Personal sized, with no beans.

Her: But there are several fajita options on the menu. Do you want tacos? Do you want a pound of fajitas?

Me: *HEAVY SIGH* No. I don't want tacos. I want fajitas. I said this. Do you no longer have the personal fajita skillet?

Her: Ok, pull around.

After rolling my eyes, I pull up to the window. And then she starts calling me Hun. Oh good lord, why did she have to do that? I hate it when people call me hun, honey, sweetie, or any other pet name like that. I am not your sweetie. I am a random stranger that means nothing to you. Please do not insult me with your weird niceties. UGH. Anyway...

Her: That'll be whatever the amount was.

Then she says: Hun, when you say chicken fajitas, no one knows what you're talking about.

Me: Are you kidding me? You aren't serious right now. If someone asks for chicken fajitas, naturally I assume they want CHICKEN FAJITAS!!! I mean, it's on the menu. If I wanted chicken fajita tacos, I would have said so.

Her: Well, hun, we didn't know what you meant.

I just looked at her completely stunned. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm not a complete moron. I am pretty sure when I eat at any tex mex restaurant and I order the chicken fajitas, the waiter brings me the chicken fajitas!! WTH!!

She gives me my food and has the audacity to tell me to have a good day HUN. UGH.

The best part? They gave me beef fajitas. The jerks.

No comments: