Monday, March 28, 2011

These moments are what I live for...

Friday and Saturday we had such a great time together as a family that I felt compelled to share it with everyone. I got off work at 3:30 like normal on Friday and picked up the kids so I could go home and get everyone ready for baseball practice at 6:30. We got to practice and chatted with the other parents as we watched our children learn and play. Then Coach Kyle told the kids to give their glove to their moms or dads and we played parents against kids. Now, I used to play fast pitch softball, so I always enjoy playing with the kids. I used to be pretty good at it. We fielded first, and then we batted. I hit a homerun. Everyone said, "Now we know where Seth got his hitting talent from." Good times.

As it is Lent, and it was Friday, Joe and I decided we should brave Stella's grumpiness over not being in bed already and go out to eat at Catfish and Company. After all, we hadn't celebrated his new job yet. Yes, that's right!! My hubby got a new job and a great one! One that he wanted, one with growth, one that pays much more than he was making at the job he hated. We are thrilled! Now, maybe it was the rather strong martini I was served at the restaurant, but it seemed that we had such a great time eating! Both kids were wonderfully behaved. Stella was patient and happy, and Seth used his manners while he ordered his food. My favorite line was when he ordered his meal, and the waitress asked if he would like honey mustard or ranch. He said, "Honey mustard please." He then smiled and asked, "What is honey mustard?" The waitress laughed and so did we. Just so you know, he did not care for the honey mustard, but he did try it. At one point during our meal, Stella reached out for her brother, saying, "Seth!" He picked her up out of her high chair and she gave him a big hug around his neck and a big sloppy kiss on the cheek. It warmed my heart. I noticed an older lady at the next table looking at them with a grin and a twinkle in her eye.

Earlier that day, Joe had surprised me with the kinect for the xbox 360 and the Dance Central game I had told him I really wanted to try. When we got home from the restaurant, we put the kids to bed and he set up the game for us to play. We danced our hearts out and had so much fun!! I do believe the highlights of the night were when Joe danced to Poker Face by Lady GaGa, and I did Rump Shaker!! We laughed and danced and had so much fun together. It will definitely whip me back into shape if I keep it up, that's for sure. I had to shower before bed because it got me so sweaty! We were both super sore all weekend!

Saturday, Seth's team had their first game of the season. The team we played(The Rangers) are an ultra competitive team. They play fall and spring ball and go to tournaments together.  The Rangers are probably the best team in the league in our age group and our boys are afraid of them. They played a team also called The Rangers back in t-ball that were not nice at all, and can't seem to understand that this isn't the same team. Anyhow, our boys kicked their butts Saturday night!!! I mean, it was amazing. There were a couple of innings where the Rangers didn't even score a point at all! We kept a big lead on them for most of the game. Unfortunately, in the last inning, they caught up and tied us. Luckily, there is a 5 run limit at this age, so they were unable to pass us. We were so excited and so proud of our boys!

After our game, we went to a good friend's house(their boy is on our team as well) for a bbq and some drinks. We set Stella up in her pack n play in their bedroom so she could sleep while the older kids played and the adults talked. We had a great time! We went home around midnight and that ended our wonderful weekend. Sunday wasn't fabulous because we found out something was wrong with the car and due to needing to limit driving in it until it is fixed, we had to miss the monthly lunch at my Grandma's house. I was sad about that, but enjoyed hanging out with my family all day, doing nothing. The small moments from this weekend made me so happy because these are the moments that I live for every day.

No comments: