Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Husband

My husband Joe means the world to me. He is such a great father. I never believed him when we were kids and he would say he was going to marry me, have kids with me and sit on our front porch rocking as an old couple, watching our grandchildren play. He was right. I did marry him. He is my world and my strength. I cannot imagine life without him now. When we began dating seriously, Seth was 2 1/2, almost 3 years old. I was hesitant about letting anyone get to know my little man because he was number one in my life. However, it appeared that Joe wasn't going anywhere, so I introduced the two of them. They became quick friends. Joe took Seth in as if he were his own son, and to see them together today, you would never know he wasn't around for his birth. In Joe's eyes, Seth is his little boy and he wouldn't have it any other way. He is amazing with Seth. He plays with him and because he still has that inner child light burning in his eyes, I suspect they will always get along. He gives Seth the center he has needed being a boy, and is stern, but very loving.
When we found out we would be having a baby together, he was so excited and looked at me in the most loving way. I thought I had seen how much he loved me, but being pregnant with his baby was so different. I knew he would be a good dad already because of Seth, and I was right. He is so proud of his baby girl. She looks just like him and she has alot of his personality already. The first time he held that baby, I thought he might burst with pride. I love to see the way he looks at her when he plays with her and I love that he has given her the sweetest nicknames. Sometimes, he calls her Sugar Bear, and others just Sugars. He loves that little girl so much. He had never had a baby before, so he was a little gun shy at first, and still usually leaves most of the necessities(like diapers, feedings and the like) to me, but boy does he love his little Stella. When he speaks of his children, he is always so proud and happy. I know that our children will grow up to be great loving people because of the way he loves me. I feel that it is important for children to see that their parents love one another and Joe is head over heels for me. You can see it in his eyes when he grins at me and even though Seth always yells, "EW!" when we kiss, he does not hold back his love. He is a great dad and the best husband in the world. Happy Father's day my love!

No comments: