Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Daddy

In honor of Father's Day, I am going to talk about the wonderful daddies in my life.
First of all, my daddy. He is the best daddy a girl could ever have. When I was a little girl, I was the picture of "Daddy's little girl". I was always with him, in his lap, following him around outside or in the garage. I went all over the place with him. When we would hang out, I would tell him, "Daddy, you are my bestest friend in the world." He would say, "No, you're my bestest, best friend in the world." And we'd go back and forth like that. He taught me how to ride a bike, he played catch with me during my softball days and he taught me the all important song, "Obs and Gobs of Ooshie Gooshie Gopher Guts". He even let me pick out our new family car once! While we may have had a few rough patches during my pre and early teenage years, I feel that my daddy is probably the best daddy I could have ever asked for. He helped me buy my first car and then worked on it religiously so that it was always in working order and even helped me get a new truck when I went to college. Even though I was only 45 minutes away, he insisted I could not take an old car to college because it wasn't safe. Once, he drove all the way to my dorm just because I told him my check engine light was on. It turned out that my gas cap wasn't screwed on tight enough, but he didn't mind. He has helped me in so many ways and I never even have to ask. All I do is mention something I am trying to do and he is there within the day to do it for me. I recently had a hard time turning the water on at my new home. He drove all the way out to my house, which is quite far from where he works, in the middle of his work day just to help me get it on. He would do anything to make sure I am safe and just wants me to be happy. Although he is a man of few words, I know by his actions that he loves me deeply. On my wedding day, he told me so, and told me I was a good mom and he was proud of me. That meant the world to me. I love my daddy with all my heart. Happy Father's Day Daddy, from your bestest best friend in the world.

No comments: